Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Exporting Files from DiscoverText
Okay, so after playing around with trying to find a way to export the entire archive set in DiscoverText, I noticed that on the Data Set Details page, there is an option to export your dataset. So, for the demo we did in class last night, I had a dataset, named "researchers", and I found that I could export that dataset as a .csv file, .xml file, or .zip file. I experimented with all three and have all three versions in a folder on my desktop! I'm going to play around a bit more with how to make these file formats a bit more user friendly, if that's even possible (this is where, unfortunately, my lack of tech-savviness-ness comes into play!) BUT, at least there is an option for getting parts of the data from DiscoverText on my desktop, and potentially, into another piece of software.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome!!
ReplyDelete